What type of shower trap to fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice on the type to shower trap I can fit.
I have just had a loft conversion and I am fitting a new shower from scratch. I need the waste run under the floor but the shower trap needs drop through 25mm plywood first. Can some one recommend a shower trap that drops low enough and can be cleaned from the top.

Cheers
geezza

Sponsored Links
Thanks BingoBongo, but this isn't deep enough, there's a drop 70mm from the shower drain hole to the ply then you've got the 25mm ply (the 25mm ply is the floor not a plinth). ideally I need the horizontal waste pipe to start below the 25mm ply floor so the drop from the shower drain hole to the top of the waste pipe needs to be at least 95mm.

is it on legs?

cut ahole in the floor and use a couple of bends or 1 1/2 flexi to take pipe under floor

Sponsored Links
Yes it is on legs. Do you mean fit the trap and connect a flexi pipe to the trap and take that below the ply floor? I may still need to cut a hole in the floor for the bottom of the trap. As it is a loft conversion I need to maintain the fire seal with the room below, is it ok to fill the gaps in the hole with expandable fire resistant foam?

fit a dry trap horizontal then you won't have to cut your wood at all if thats what your hoping for.

I do need to cut the floor as the shower tray is not on an outside wall and the waste needs to go under floor. I was hopeing to drop it it straight down from the tray and then run the waste pipe to the outside wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back