what wireless controller for vailiant ecotec plus 837

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
i have a 1yr old vailiant ecotec plus 837 and would like to add a wireless controller.
im thinking off 2 kinds:
Honeywell CMT927
and
vailiant VRT 392f

I read that the VRT 392f is a little complicated to use (although i am fine with understanding tech)
I also read that it is best to stay with me same manufacture as the boiler.
Does anyone have any opinions about either or experienced them.

Are these controllers straight forward to fit and set up?
Many thanks in advance.
Andy

Sponsored Links
The vaillant one that I had suffered from poor wireless range, I ended up with a cheap one from b&q which has never disconnected all the time I've had it.

Use the Siemens one ( google it) massive easy read display nice stand etc easy to use bit fiddly to wire but I've fitted loads to ecotecs an they work well

I would go for the wireless 430, which is weather compensation...you get a much more comfortable living environment as the radiators vary in temperature.. the cooler ouside the hotter the radiators...where I have replaced on-off controls with this equipment fairly substantial savings have been made, although how you set it up will determine actual savings..

Sponsored Links
hi,
thanks for all replys guys.

if i add the cm927 to my vailiant, what position should the rad temp dial be in , and how should the time switch(130) be set at, on or off.

regards
andy

hi there,
does anyone have any thoughts on this :

if i add the cm927 to my vailiant, what position should the rad temp dial be in , and how should the timeswitch(130) be set at, on or off.

many thanks
regards
andy

You won't need the Timeswitch 130 with the CM927 so remove it or set it to constant.

Boiler stat, set it as low as you can get away with i.e. low enough just to get the house to the temperature you require. A good starting point is 65ºc, see if this works, and then increase or decrease if necessary.

hi david,
thanks for your reply.
i currently dont have a stat wired to the boiler. is there an internal one?
thanks
andy

hi david,
thanks for your reply.
i currently dont have a stat wired to the boiler. is there an internal one?
thanks
andy

The boiler stat I mentioned above is the CH temp dial on the front of the boiler. How do you control how warm your house gets at the moment?

If you get the CM927 you can control how warm you want the house and at what time etc ...

what i currently do is set the temp (between 50 and 55) and then use the auto timeseitch for the early morning, then manually turn it on and off when needed.
obviously , this is becoming a pain , therefore i want to add the wireless controller.

thanks

the 392 is better as it offers room modulation, but unfortunately its not the easiest thing to operate, if your good with technology it shouldnt be a problem and you'll get the benefit of room modulation which is a better form of control than the on/off control you get with honeywell or other generic controls.

hi micky,
pardon my lack of knowledge, but what is room modulation?
are there many tweaks to be done on the initial install of the 392,
i was hoping to wire in a controller and it just operate the boiler.

thanks
andy

hi its more or less plug and play, but you will get more benefit by checking and setting the parameters.
Room modulation means that as your room approaches the temperature set on the thermostat the radiator temperature reduces, this prevents the room temperature overshooting the temperature you've set which is very common with on/off controls. The idea is that as you get to the set temperature, the boiler will just tick over at very low rate to maintain it. An additional benefit of this is while the boiler is operating at lower temperatures its operating more efficiently, so you get a more stable room temp and a more efficient boiler.

hi micky,
when you say more or less plug and play, im not a heating engineer, but i am a technician in another field an are therefor pretty good with technology.
i keep reading that there are some tweeks that need doing to , can you enlighten.
thanks
andy

i dont know what tweaks they are tbh, when you fit it, and it first starts up it will go through the set up screens, you put in the info and away you go. Its mostly self explanatory, apart from the manual probably confuses the issue cos its rubbish. Im not gonna deny its not the easiest thing to use but once you got the hang of it its worth it. My dads got the 430 which has more options still and he has it sussed, and he's rubbish with technology.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back