what would we do without kids

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a few years ago i was artexing the backroom ceiling. i did the ceiling at night as to avoid the kids running around (big mistake) i finished about 2am and was a bit wacked to move everythin and clean what artex was left in the bucket,i`ll do that tomorrow i though. the next day i got the shock ov my life :eek: i awoke to my daughter laughing, thought i`d best investigate.took one turn round the landing,and noticed the top stair carpet was white. my first thought was (sh*t she`s been playing with the artex) all down the stairs was coverd,the hallway, i have a black and tan german shepard (he was white) on entering the front room my head dropped it was everywhere and i mean everywhere :cry: tv,hi-fi,sofa she also smeared the left over artex onto the doors and carpet :cry: think i stood in my frontroom for 20 mins thinkin where the bloody hell to start. then the wife came in WTF she said :LOL: learned my lesson since then i now never leave anythin lyin around. no matter how tired i am :LOL: oh yea we broke a dyson hoover gettin all the artex dust up :rolleyes:

t_94233_1649414881.jpg

t_94235_7500592296.jpg

t_94231_1442658034.jpg

t_94232_2734854977.jpg

t_94234_1595730971.jpg

please see 10a

Sponsored Links
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! :D

a picture speaks a thousand words!

I feel for you mate, really I do.

Although I question the sanity of someone who'd think to take pictures!!! ;) (I'd be too busy being annoyed to find the camera)

Hope it's all cleaned up now.

-Dan

@ toasty how could i be annoyed at that little angel :LOL: it was my fault for leaving it where she could get her hands on it :oops: to be honest i was to busy trying to plan the big cleanup to tell her off :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Never heard of artexing a carpet before, do you think it will catch on?

petewood said:
Never heard of artexing a carpet before, do you think it will catch on?

Artexed floors... possibly a bit uncomfortable in bare feet (if you use the spikey roller anyway)

Those pictures make me want to cry both laughing and in sympathy :LOL:

While not as bad as this, I have been told by my parents that, as a helpful 3 yr old, I disappeared for about 30 minutes. On returning to my mum in our house, I informed her I has cleaned her shoes. My mum was very interested, probably followed by something else when she saw I had used my dad's finest Kiwi black polish to "clean" my mum's tennis shoes. :LOL:

Like you said homer, how could she be angry with me...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back