What would you do with this floorplan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a house with the floor pan as shown in the attachment. The current layout is less than ideal.

What would you do?

I am happy with the upstairs layout (I would make the WC/bathroom into one), downstairs is more difficult.

Assume all walls apart from the conservatory are double brick construction. Ideally I would like to make the kitchen into more of a living space.

Budget is about 15K (not including a new kitchen) and I will be doing most of the work myself.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Floor Pan.JPG
    Floor Pan.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 527
Sponsored Links
Take down the wall between the kitchen and living room to make a kitchen diner and turn the dining room into the living room.

I agree with Nick, open up the wall between the kitchen and lounge. If you could, i would try and make the kitchen alittle wider, possibly upto the store.

Sponsored Links
If possible, knock out all the store/utility room/passage area, put the kitchen in that side, and have what is now the kitchen as a dining area with glazed doors into the conservatory. That gives you two reception rooms plus a dining-kitchen, which as Sarah Beeny always says will appeal to families.

Perhaps the WC can go in the space currently marked as 'lobby' and taken into the under-stairs cupboard space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back