What would you have done - oil boiler service not carried out thoroughly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short - had a premium brand oil boiler with odd lockouts and as it had not had a service for a while thought I would invest in a service. This was done but lockouts continued so called the company - no way they would return without upfront card details as the service had been done and no issues witnessed by their engineer.

Really did not want to pay around £300 for a fixed cost repair so set out to find the fault myself (engineer, but not this industry). I have to say just searching old posts got me there in the end so thanks to all who have ever posted to help others in the past.

The photocell was all but disintegrated, still electrically working but unable to hold in the correct alignment or make a lightproof seal. Yes the cell is a service check / clean and was obviously not done during the service.

emailed the MD at 7pm, copy to one or two other service managers. Had a call from a director at 8am and a full apology, refund, costs, and a free service next year. At my request the engineer will get retraining, extra audits etc.

Here are the old and new cells, the old one was smutty before I cleaned it.

Happy Christmas

Attachments

• MAP_5530.jpg
    MAP_5530.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back