Whatever happened to...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some joyous news for you all, on this wet and grey autumn day, of a long departed and sorrowfully missed friend (and apologies to those too new to have known him here and marvelled at his posts).

I speak of none other than the hard-driving, server-farm running, magnesium-body-camera toting Jim Franklin, who graced this site with his presence first as FWL_Engineer and then as Big_Spark.

He is not, after all, dead, as was reported by his brother here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3925414

He is alive and well, and I urge anyone with fond memories of him to go here: http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?p=1358716#post1358716 and add their congratulations on his stroke of good fortune.

It would be wrong of him to think that we had all just forgotten him, and the unique contributions he made to this forum.

Sponsored Links
Assuming it's the same 'Jim Franklin' which must be doubtful given his brothers informative post, then it was a pretty poor way to go about leaving a forum. Having said that your post reminds me of none other than Grima Wormtongue from lord of the rings. Especially as the 'history' between you and JF is easy enough to find. You are obviously a very slimy little man, no doubt you feel proud of yourself though, so good on yer.

By the way with regards to this

Use another site for plumbing questions; you can't trust the "experts" on this one not to lie to you

Name names or stfu.

Assuming it's the same 'Jim Franklin' which must be doubtful given his brothers informative post,
Always assuming, of course, that the "informative post" was true and was made by his brother...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,4013521

You are obviously a very slimy little man,
And your reasoning which led you to that conclusion was....?

By the way with regards to this

Use another site for plumbing questions; you can't trust the "experts" on this one not to lie to you

Name names or stfu.
Corgigrouch says that he does, and that it is commonly done by others on the plumbing forum because they prefer to lie to people asking questions than to take the trouble to explain things properly. When he said that he received votes of thanks from dextrous, tonybhoy, kevplumb & glasgowgas.

But be that as it may, feel free to take no notice of this topic and move on - going to say hello to Jim is not compulsory.

Sponsored Links
now quote the rest of it and put it in context dilutie

do i lie in the plumbing forum NO

am i wrong on occasion YES

its called a mistake and being human

care to start one of your purile rants :?:

or ain't there a reg you can quote that covers that :rolleyes:

I might be missing something, but it would be very odd for his brother to lie (although we did get some very strange posts from a person claiming to be a member's partner)

Is there any reason it shouldn't be a different person with the same name?

The new one has a Join Date: 29th Nov 2007

There used to be a JohnD registered on this forum before I joined, but the userid was out of use so it was reissued to me.

It would be very distasteful to get this wrong

If you'd care to stop using insults whenever you make a post I'd be delighted to show where you lied about having me banned when you were a Mod, and where you gave Corgigrouch a vote of thanks when he said that lying to questioners on the plumbing forum is a regular occurrence and tried to justify it.

Until then, no, particularly as I did not start this topic in order to resurrect an argument with you.

I might be missing something, but it would be very odd for his brother to lie
Always assuming that the post was actually made by his brother.

It would be very distasteful to get this wrong
It would be distasteful to go to the DSL forum and get it wrong, I agree.

If you'd care to stop using insults whenever you make a post I'd be delighted to show where you lied about having me banned when you were a Mod, and where you gave Corgigrouch a vote of thanks when he said that lying to questioners on the plumbing forum is a regular occurrence and tried to justify it.

Until then, no, particularly as I did not start this topic in order to resurrect an argument with you.

what insults am i using dilutie :?:

where did i say i banned you when i was a mod :?:

who i thank for a post has got jack to do with you or the question or the post

:?:

I spotted Jimbo's antics some years ago... Obviously penned by himself for some strange reason, think I alluded to it a little back then...

In an entirely different vein I spotted another prolific poster here, through a flurry of posts to the Independant some years ago... Thought I recognised him ! :D :D

Corgigrouch says that he does, and that it is commonly done by others on the plumbing forum because they prefer to lie to people asking questions than to take the trouble to explain things properly. When he said that he received votes of thanks from dextrous, tonybhoy, kevplumb & glasgowgas.

Can you prove this? where are the posts and threads you refer to?

What does being wrong mean?

means not being right

lying means misleading on purpose :idea:

and i will repeat i do not lie on the plumbing forum

and who i thank for a post has nothing to do with anybody or anything

i notice the whole post isn't quoted just the part that serves the pathetic argument of said pratt :rolleyes:

for those of you who wish to read the thread the title is "can i fit an unvented cylinder"

I might be missing something, but it would be very odd for his brother to lie (although we did get some very strange posts from a person claiming to be a member's partner)

Is there any reason it shouldn't be a different person with the same name?

The new one has a Join Date: 29th Nov 2007
Judging by how swiftly my post there got removed, I'd say I was spot on...

Sponsored Links
Back