What's a reasonable quote for dpc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just started decorating the front room of my house, 1920's mid-terrace, and hve found what I believe to be rising damp on the front wall, extends about 1m up the wall either side of the window (window has wood panelling below so there is no evidence of damp below the window).

The wallpaper which was on when we moved in was not showing any damp through so I'm led to think this is a quite recent problem.

I have a damp-proofing company coming to give me a quote tomorrow an was wondering what a 'ball park' figure would be to repair the dpc, not to re-plaster as I will be having the whole room done anyway once the damp has been fixed.

Also, last year the local council done a lot of work on the road and paths in the street, replacing the old paths and kerbs with tarmac/block paving etc. I have checked outside and the path slopes slightly inwards to my house rather than away to the drain meanig some of the water pools outside until it dries out, I am fairly sure this is a large conributing factor to my problem inside and may explain how the damp problem is quite new and was not evident on survey.

How liable would the local authority be if this is the cause of my problem?

Any help appreciated

Steve

price, please see 9 liability, please see 16

Sponsored Links
There seems to be some difficulties/contradictions in your two posts ref. DPC work, perhaps you would be specific about exactly what has taken place, what is the existing condition and what is proposed.
For instance, have you or haven't you had an inspection report/work done or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back