Whats required for a thermostatic shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've currently got an electric shower, a Mira Sport. I'd like to install a thermostatic shower to get a more powerful shower. Ive got a Ideal Mexico Super 3 boiler.

Do I need anything else to install a thermostatic shower? What would I need to check? To install, is it simply a case of taking feeds from the hot and cold water pipes and feeding them into the thermostatic shower unit?

Thanks for any help, and please ask if theres any other info needed??

Sponsored Links
i think you need to do abit more reading.
one feed needs to come from the hw cylinder one from the cws.
depending on your head situation you may need a pump.

Thanks for the reply.

I planned on taking a feed from the pipes supplying the hot and cold water to the bath and sink, is this ok? The cold water tank for the boiler is in the loft and boiler and hot water tank on ground floor, water pressure appears fine with kitchen and bathroom taps on full blast, for both hot and cold. I take it that the head situation is ok then?

the feeds need to come from the cylinder, cws not off the bath supply.
soon as you turn on another tap your shower will be up and down like a yo yo.
hot from a surrey flange etc.
cold from the cws tank in loft.

your bath taps are lower than a shower will be.
your cws tank to yor shower head will only be about 1m that gives you 0.1 bar it will work but not be powerful.

HCGPA.jpg

Sponsored Links
I currently have a electric shower, so the cold water feed used will be that, so the cold water pressure shouldnt drop with another tap in use should it?

Only the hot water feed will be branched from the exisiting bath pipe.

Also, as Id like to install a thermostatic shower, wont the shower adjust itself when another water tap is turned on in the house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back