WHATS THE BEST DRIVEWAY PAVING SEALER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just spent a huge amount of money having my driveway paved with heavy 2 x 2 x 2 grey concrete paving slabs, not the type you see in the street, and very nice it looks too.
The problem is, this is brand new and already it is has really bad car tyre marks running over it. It has had to be cleaned after just a couple of months, but the marks are appearing again.
Does anyone know of a really good sealer that will help. I paid £5,000 so having to give this a coat of the best stuff will be worth it.
You're help would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
firstly what are the slabs? Textured slabs such as marshalls saxon's will be very prone to marking and really as such are not a good choice for a driveway. Who chose the slabs?

The flags are smooth grey with tapered edges. I have seen this stuff "Blackjack Paving Sealer", it's £90 for 25 litres, I don't mind paying this as long as it works, it's supposed to be resistant to tyre marks.
Has anyone used this?

That is very cheap for a sealer, I would be dubious of the quality. You should be expecting to pay 50 quid ish for 5 litres. resiblock are pretty tried and tested.

Sponsored Links
90 quid for 25 litres is pretty much at the bottom end of the market. Even the god awful thompsons sealers are dearer than that.

I havent personally used resiblock but they are one of the big names and well thought of by the head hauncho of paving expert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back