Driveway Paving Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We are about to have our driveway paved and we cannot decide which paving brand to go with. We have a good selection of samples from Marshalls and Blockley but have also had fantastic prices from Brett (Omega Paving 60mm) and CharCON Europa (60mm)

What we need to know is if anyone has used or had any advice regarding the Brett or CharCON brands - any help here would really be appreciated.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Hi All

We are about to have our driveway paved and we cannot decide which paving brand to go with. We have a good selection of samples from Marshalls and Blockley but have also had fantastic prices from Brett (Omega Paving 60mm) and CharCON Europa (60mm)

What we need to know is if anyone has used or had any advice regarding the Brett or CharCON brands - any help here would really be appreciated.

Thanks all

With respect my friend, i'm struggling to understand why you're asking... my instinct would be to go with a style and product that respects it's environment and looks good in situ..and then fits the budget... asking other people on the net for that advice does add up to me... sorry if i misread your post.

Essentially you get what you pay for with block paving - it is so competitive between manufacturers that you just need to call half a dozen local merchants for the best price.

Bretts are fine (if you like the look of them) as are the Marshalls offerings.

buy the best you can, as the cost of quality blocks over budget blocks is peanuts in the scheme of a project like a block paved drive.

Sponsored Links
I agree with the price issue but style has very little difference to be honest in most of these blocks.

We are doing 155m2 area with prices ranging from £14m2 to £9.5m2.

I guess what I am trying to ask is has any experience with brett or charcon brands, do they fade, break easily, chip, have poor frost properties, brittle under load etc. Basically, do they stand up against the other main brands, ie marshall & blockley.

Sorry if the question was unclear and thanks both for taking the time to reply

Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back