What's this clip called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my Mr Fixit duties, I'm trying to get a mixer shower working for a friend. It's the original shower that was installed when building was built in the mid 1980s. The only thing wrong is the 'spinner', the thermostat control knob shaft doesn't engage on the spindle. (The complete shower is built into a wall.) Looking at the back of the control knob shows a typical push-on fitting. But it's missing the "round clip thingy" designed to clamp the spinner shaft to the spindle. I want to obtain a new "round clip thingy" but I can't search anywhere as I don't know what it's called. I've tried all the permutations / names I can think of, but without luck.

There is a pic inserted that shows the metal "round clip thingy" on some control knob that I found using google images. Have you any idea what the metal clip is called?

Take care - Andrew

thumbnail0001.JPG

Sponsored Links
It's highly unlikely you will find spares for a shower from the 1980's

You can send a photo to showerspares.co.uk and they will let you know if they can source the part.

Blup

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back