whats this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
Could any1 tell me wot the object circled in pic actually is please?
wot its called,wot its 4,how important it is,etc etc ect?!
Any info u may hav about it at all wud b really helpful.
Fanku very much,
Vikki

(Pic is of my Saunier Duval THEMA F23E boiler)

100_3490.jpg

Sorry the circle isnt as visible as id hoped so i'll try 2 describe it 4 u,
its the silver flat head screw looking fing above the yellow plastic looking fingy, :oops: god how technically minded am i??!

Sponsored Links
Yes, thats the .............. on the gas valve!

It looks as if it may not be the original.

But I cannot tell you what it is or what its for because you are not CORGI registered and its part of the gas valve!

Otherwise Mad Mod 10 would only delete it as "inappropriate" advice in case you fiddle with it and blow up your neighbours!

Tony

Yes, thats the .............. on the gas valve!

It looks as if it may not be the original.

But I cannot tell you what it is or what its for because you are not CORGI registered and its part of the gas valve!

Otherwise Mad Mod 10 would only delete it as "inappropriate" advice in case you fiddle with it and blow up your neighbours!

Tony

Erm fanx 4 that,
I dont wanna do anyfin 2 it at all,gas is a very scary mary fing 4sure.
Wud u b allowed 2 tell me this then..............??
If that woteva its called woznt there,wud gas b comin out of it?
If so wud it b mildly dangerous,very dangerous or extremely dangerous???
Fanku in advance of u maybe bein allowed 2 answer my Q?
:LOL:
Vikki.

Sponsored Links
Can't anyone write simple "English" anymore. ;) ;)

Yes i can write simple English thankyou
but having 2 teenage daughters on msn who only ever write in text talk...
well it sort of rubs off on you!!!
;)

[If that woteva its called woznt there,wud gas b comin out of it?]

What i was trying to ask above was.....
If the object that shall remain nameless in my picture above was not attached would it be dangerous,if so to what degree-mildly,very or extremely dangerous?
Is the nameless object a very important fixture to my boiler?
Does the nameless object keep the gas in?
I have absolutely no intention of touching or fiddling with any part of my boiler at all im just trying to find out the name,function&importance of the object pictured.
Hopefully i have explained myself better this time?!
Thanks in advance of any helpful replies,
Vikki.

Tony told you what it was right at the beginning.

It's about as important as the wheels on your car. without it you ain't goin nowhere.

As for your other post, gas is bloody dangerous, if you give us the impression of an 8year old kid, then you can expect 8yeard old kid answers.

Jesus it's a burner pressure test point whether you are corgi or not that is what it is called because that is what it is. If it is loose, missing or replaced and not tested then yes it has the potential to be very dangerous.
Looks like it has been replaced with one of a gas meter to me.

Jesus it's a burner pressure test point whether you are corgi or not that is what it is called because that is what it is. If it is loose, missing or replaced and not tested then yes it has the potential to be very dangerous.
Looks like it has been replaced with one of a gas meter to me.

Well at last,finally somebody has answered me.
Thankyou very much ollski,very much appreciated.

Tony told you what it was right at the beginning.

It's about as important as the wheels on your car. without it you ain't goin nowhere.

As for your other post, gas is b****y dangerous, if you give us the impression of an 8year old kid, then you can expect 8yeard old kid answers.

Erm what was it that Tony actually told me then because when i read it,it does NOT tell me anything at all,maybe to those of you that are in the know it's quite simple,but for those of us who don't know a thing about the workings of a gas boiler how could we possibly know what Tony is talking about?Sorry if im acting like an 8yr old as you so put it but is'nt this forum for people to find answers to questions that they nothing or little about??????
Silly me......................

Tony said its part of an gas Valve, he implied quite rightly that you should leave it alone and not play with it.

oogeemoo Erm fanx 4 that,
I dont wanna do anyfin 2 it at all,gas is a very scary mary fing 4sure.
Wud u b allowed 2 tell me this then..............??
If that woteva its called woznt there,wud gas b comin out of it?
If so wud it b mildly dangerous,very dangerous or extremely dangerous???
Fanku in advance of u maybe bein allowed 2 answer my Q?
icon_lol.gif
Vikki.

I read that and think, God help us. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back