What's wrong with my boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Siemens RDJ10 thermostat controlling the times when our Glowworm boiler is switched on/off for the central heating.
As we've just started putting our central heating on, we've noticed that the boiler no longer switches on or off at the programmed times. We need to switch it off/on using the dial on the thermostat. The boiler and thermostat worked correctly all of last autumn/winter.
Earlier this summer we had a different problem with the boiler, whereby the water from the shower would suddenly go cold, and then heat up again after a minute or so. We called a plumber out, and he fitted a new heat exchanger. However, this did not solve the problem, so we called him back and he changed another part (not sure which) and that solved the problem. Now we have this new problem.
Could this have been caused by the plumber not fitting a part properly or not putting the system back together properly? We have just got a £400 bill from him for fitting the two parts Should we call him back and get him to sort this new problem out or get a different plumber?
We've also noticed, that since starting to put the heating on that the boiler occasionally drips from somewhere inside, and it keeps losing the pressure - it should be set at 1.0 bar, but it keeps dropping below that and I have to re-pressurize it.

Sponsored Links
How do you expect us to answer a question about a specific part when you dont tell us what it is ?

Why are you paying for a replacement part which was not required to fix the fault.

£400 sounds a very large bill. What did it cover?

The second part was a diverter valve. The bill was for the two new parts plus labour.[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back