wheel damage :- steel wheel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
was driving doing about 40 and hit the kerb :confused: was really bad :!: got home and the wheel is bent is it just a case of hamming it back ???

Sponsored Links
Steel wheels are very cheap to buy. If you get a near-new one at a breakers yard it will be almost free. If it is a current model you might find a main dealer or tyre shop has some where people have upgraded to alloys.

If you bend the old one it will never be true. it probably won't break like a damaged alloy one. It might possibly deflate unexpectedly though. Best not.

You've probably damaged the tyre too. and maybe thrown the tracking out.

thanks john will go do.
how will i change the tyre from the old wheel 2 the new one coz it's a really good one. !!!

When I was young and poor*, a couple of times I bought part-worn tyres, and the tyre co provided them with the wheels because it was less trouble for them (presumably left by someone who'd converted to alloys).

You need a tyre fitting co to change tyres, they will charge for their trouble.

Remember that an impacted tyre might be damaged and might burst or deflate unexpectedly. This warning is always given but no-one believes it until it happens to them.

I had one deflate unexpectedly, luckily on the back of a mini, and the free replacement did the same, that's why I don't buy part-worns any more.

*I am now old and poor

Sponsored Links
Have a look on ebay for wheels, or a trip to the local scrappy.
Be careful using the old tyre if it's been kerbed at speed, as said above

Back