Should they have changed the wheel trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a accident and my car have been in for repair, so i had a call to pick it, so when i got there i was told to have a look so as it was raining i had a quick look and it looked ok so i went in and signed the form to say i have taken the car. I then get home and had a good look at the car and i noticed that they have changed the wheel trim but i don't know why they have done this for because they didn't hit the wheel trim, there was scuffs on the wheel trim and i told them about it before it went in, so now the wheel trim is slightly different from the others so should they have changed it and should i phone them and ask them why they have done this.

Sponsored Links
Just go round to the garage and ask them to replace the original, as you pointed it out as a pre accident defect.
The garage if they have thrown away the original , should supply a full set, that actually match.

Wotan

if your old trim was scuffed and scraped, the garage probably thought they were doing you a favour fitting a new one. Are you sure it isn't just black brake dust and dirt that makes the old one look different?

I have a car that women drive and I have to change or respray the wheel trims from time to time after they have used them to find the kerb :rolleyes:

No its not the brake dust My old ones had marking on and the new one don't and where the holes are in the trim the old ones ar bigger.

Sponsored Links
I see, might be the incorrect type or from a different model, in which case they have made a mistake and you can reasonably ask for the old one back, but I expect it has gone in the skip by now. If they are awkward you could offer to find a replacement if they pay the cost.

Did they charge you for it, and are they a main dealer? If so, they should have supplied the right one. Brand new ones in a set from the manufacturer are quite expensive, I keep a couple of spare trimss I bought on ebay for the womens car.

OOI, what car is it?

My car was fixed at ford and it was payed for by the womens insurance. I phoned them up and told them they have changed the wheel trim and i don't know why it was changed as it was scuffed before the accident, I was told he didn't know that it was changed so he took my number and said he will get back to me. He has now got back to me and said they have changed it and fitted the wrong one so if i go in they will get the part number and get the correct one for me. So i bet they knew what they have done and thought i wouldn't notice. I just hope now they can get the same one now.

sounds very fair. If it is a popular, current or recent model, they should get a replacement set easily enough. Ask them nicely and they might sell you the other three from the set at a reduced price, to smarten up your car.

Back