wheel size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, just discovered the spare wheel on my sons car that he bought is the wrong size :evil:

the size on the tyre is 185-55 R 15 ive been dowN the breakers and the nearest ive found so far is.. 185-60 R15 apparently the 15 ins size is not too popular, anyway do you think it would fit ok not sure what the other numbers mean its only for the spare to get him out of trouble if needed thanks P M

Sponsored Links
Thats just the profile of the tyre, so will be fine as a spare

I take it you mean the tyres on the car are 185-55 R 15. What size is the tyre on the spare? What make and model of car is it?
If you go to http://www.national.co.uk/order_tyres.asp you'll be able to find out what tyres should be on your car just by putting your reg no in.

Sponsored Links
I believe its agaist the law to mix tyre sizes on the same axle, so if you have to use the spare you will be breaking the law.

Spacesavers are an exception as they are marked and you are limited to a speed & Distance.

Jason

I believe its agaist the law to mix tyre sizes on the same axle, so if you have to use the spare you will be breaking the law.

Spacesavers are an exception as they are marked and you are limited to a speed & Distance.

Jason

Its deffinatly an MOT fail but as a get you home it will be fine, after all space saver wheels are different.

The spare (tin rim) which came with my car from ford is a diffent size to the alloy wheels on the rest of the car - specifically so I can't swop it onto an alloy and wear it down :(
At least it is a full size wheel and not one of those space savers :mad:

Back