When a reciprocating saw goes to your head ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Preparing a room for carpet today, I decided to remove what looked like pieces of quarter round molding along the walls and under the radiators. Not enough room under the heating units to pry them off. I drag out the good old sawzall, slip it under the wood and merrily start buzzing off nails.

The first piece comes out and I see it's really a 3 inch wide plank with a curved front. The second piece is more reluctant. The saw can't cut the nails in the middle. I stare at it and see above a plate where two radiators are joined. Pull off the plate and discover I've been trying to cut a water return pipe that went through the molding.

Thank goodness, these pipes were galvanized steel so all I had was a little scratch. If I had been upstairs where the pipes are copper, it would have been a disaster. LOL.

I still love my reciprocating saw though. Drag it out whenever things get stubborn.

Sponsored Links
munque
lol ... they are great arent they , I used to use them alot sawing out old airing cupboards in bathrooms ,
like a hot knife through butter :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back