When can a boiler be placed? *wiv pic's*

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need all new central heating to my house, has nothing at the mo. Just trying to work out a place to mount the combi boiler?, Want to know the rules of where they can go?

Sponsored Links
Can go just about anywhere,

Avoid bedrooms (noise) and bathrooms (electrics)

the flues are very flexable and can mostly be worked in to comply with the relevent clearances required by the manufacturer.

You will also need to plan where your condensate pipework will run to. It needs to be connected to a permanent drain or purpose made soakaway.

Sponsored Links
I think that if there is some one in the property over sixty or on benifits you could benifit from the Governments warmfront scheme

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTa...tsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018661

Tim

Excellent i have to look into this.

Was thinking off putting it into the old larder under the stairs is pretty big, roughy a metre wide and 1 1/2 deep, also its next to a exterior wall which has a drain about 2m away!

Only problem is there's a false wall at the back and behind that is a small shoe cupboard, which houses the electric meter/fusebox and the gas meter will be in there!

I hope this makes sence, haha if not a will take pic's!

Right taken some pictures hope this helps,
This is the cupboard where i would like the boiler:
DSC00612-1.jpg

Size - W:74cm D: 104cm H: Nearest door 263cm at back 175cm

Yes that is a window, only small, which i would like to keep but if it has to go, it has to go. Would ideally like to mount at the back of the cupboard, so do not use that much space but that is just a chipboard wall, so i relieze i will have to make something to support the weight of it!

Behind that would is this tho:
DSC00613.jpg

As you can see the gas pipe is just coming up there aswell, does a boiler have to be a certain distance away from this lot??

Is this a ok place to put the boiler, is what i really want to know?

p.s electric's are due to be updated aswell.

The gas pipe has to be kept away from the electrics but that can just go through the wall at low level,

The flue could either go straight up?? is that the roof or a stair, or through the wall this side of the window perhaps, your installer will be able to help you with all this though I would imagine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back