When did undercloaking strips stop containing asbestos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have damaged undercloaking on my garage - house built in 2003 so am assuming it’s safe and asbestos free HOWEVER have heard of old stock being used and houses post 1999 containing ACMs.

It’s an estate built house though as assume this would not be the case?

Does anyone know when undercloaking strips stopped containing asbestos? Was it before total ban in 99?

Sponsored Links
I posted a few weeks back about undercloak strips and asbestos. My house was built in 1995 or 1996 and I do suspect they could be ACM, however I did contact a surveyor and they said that they mostly stopped using Asbestos cement for undercloak by then. I guess the only real way is to get it sampled. However, being 2003 build I would say it's unlikely.

Sponsored Links
Because builders often stockpiled ACMs, there is always a risk that old stock could have been used. If you are planning on disturbing it I would get it sampled for peace of mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back