When is this going to stop?

A complete lack of understanding of how neighbourhood disputes have gone to a new level.
A Chinese family in my neck of the woods thought it would be a good idea to keep a cockeral, when people complained it was waking them up at 4 in the morning the council spokesman asked why it was a problem.
Just the cockerel?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's our relationship with dogs as having a special status. The moment you criticise dog ownership the pro dog brigade are on you like a ton of bricks, "my dog is harmless he wouldn't harm a fly", well until he does.

It's our relationship with dogs as having a special status. The moment you criticise dog ownership the pro dog brigade are on you like a ton of bricks, "my dog is harmless he wouldn't harm a fly", well until he does.

I couldn't care less about the "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly / is soft as a brush" brigade.

Some dogs are bred and trained for aggression, some are not. Some people are likewise aggressive, so should we likewise bundle all people as aggressive, just because of the few? It's completely unfair to bundle all people, all dogs, all dog owners as one.

My own dog, will bark if anyone acts strangely around her, but attack, hurt or in any way injure anyone she would never, ever do. Last week I was waiting with her in a bus station sat down, minding my own business all quiet and peaceful. Along comes a mother and 6 year old-ish daughter, and sits next to me. The child began taunting the dog, the dog began barking, the mother did absolutely nothing to stop her daughter. It went on for several minutes of taunting, and barking. The dog eventually decided it was a game they were playing, and was keen to play, but by then the mother had decided the dog was vicious, and went off tutting to herself about vicious dogs. Had the child been told to stop her taunting, there would not have been a problem.

There is nothing wrong with the vast majority of dogs, or their owners - it's just the few who cause problems and hit the news. I most certainly agree, as a responsible owner, that it needs to be properly and effectively dealt with.

My dog has never attacked, bitten or injured anybody.

Will she never do that? Fairly sure if I or family was attacked she would defend us, so it's always possible.

No excuse for lack of control.

No an hour ago I heard a woman screaming and a dog barking outside my house. I went out and there was a big black GSD trying to attack a pug that the woman was walking on her lead. She was screaming and spinning round with her dog being spun and lifted with the snarling GSD running round in circles. Luckily the pug had a harness on so it wasn't being spun by its neck. I managed to get a few kicks in at the GSD but it made no difference. I ended up getting in between the woman and her pug and the GSD and kept shouting "NO" at it and pointing at it. I told the woman to leg it while I held it off but it kept trying to get past me but I blocked it. I was wary of turning my back on it and shouted to Mrs Mottie to get me a broom or something (oh, for a scaffold pole!) but we ended up having a bit of a row as she wouldn’t get one for me, thinking it would make the dog attack worse! By now, half the street was out but I suppose not being dog owners they were a bit wary of it too and I can’t say I blame them. The dog belongs to some foreigner who rents a house in the close opposite us and is a mobile security patrol worker so it’s his working dog. I’ve had words with him before when he let it shît near the post box opposite and just walked away. I told him we don’t do that round here. He apologised and picked it up. This is not the first time this dog has escaped either. That could have easily, easily been a small child or a baby in a pram. Finally I saw the owner coming down the close and the dog ran to him - I think he keeps it in his garage. His neighbour has complained to the LA as the dog barks when he is coming and going to work with it at all odd hours in the middle of the night but nothing seems to have been done as far as I can tell. I was still pumped and I made a bit of a show of myself in front of half of the street shouting at him to keep his f'cking dog under control. I got told off by Mrs Mottie for that too! "Sorry boss" was all he kept saying. The ****.
I came back from my morning dog walk this morning and in the close opposite there was a police van and two police cars with their blue lights still on. The dog had got out again, attacked another dog and bit the dogs owner. The dog was taken away by the police.

Shot on site, if necessary.
The morons who parade around with them, too. (y)
Yep - I can think of a horrible vile bloke with a long history of violence, and guess what type of dog he has....

it is so often this type who have these dogs. Dogs often take after their owners so even if these people had a labrador, it would probably attack other dogs and people. instead they choose a dog that weighs 12+ stone (and thats just the teeth)

It's the owners.

It's like the Gun debate in the US, but I need my AR Rifle because it is my god given right to holster a firearm.

How many cases of German Shepherd type dogs involved in these incidents?

We need more bans and controls on certain dogs because the owners won't change.

Has a poodle ever attacked someone and made the news?

Sponsored Links
Back