Lets just rip everything down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting reaaly pi$$ed off with our country, and indeed the rest of the world, pandering to whatever faction it is that insists we tear down every statue of anyone who had done something wrong in their life!

We are going to end up in a world where a lot of history is lost because people won't see a monument, picture, statue or some other object that makes them ask, "Who was he/she and what did they do?"

The lastest is Baden-Powell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53004638

I was never in the scouts, boys brigade, ATC or any other organisation that grouped together youngsters and taught them things so I have no personal axe to grind about this guy. But lets keep things in perspective shall we? He may have had strong views about homosexuality, he may have thought Hitler was an all right bloke and he may have liked the idea of fascism. I don't know, and personally I don't care. What I d know is he set up a movement which encouraged millions of youngsters throughout the world to learn about things and how to cope with life. He taught them to be courageous and face difficulties with fortitude and to be brave in pushing themselves to their limits.

We will soon live in a world of stone plinths and empty galleries because some moron is offended by the very air we all breathe and it's my children and grandchildren who will be the biggest losers.

Sponsored Links
We will soon live in a world of stone plinths and empty galleries because some moron is offended by the very air we all breathe and it's my children and grandchildren who will be the biggest losers.
appeal to extremes.

the deeper issue is the disproportionate number of black people that die in America during interactions with the police.

racism and hatred has been fuelled by right wing leaders like Trump.

I disagree with this thing about statues, but this is a short term symbolic gesture. If it leads to less division and more understanding that will be better for your children and grandchildren.

appeal to extremes.

the deeper issue is the disproportionate number of black people that die in America during interactions with the police.

I disagree with this thing about statues, but this is a short term symbolic gesture. If it leads to less division and more understanding that will be better for your children and grandchildren.
What a massive bell end,no change, back on ignore.

Sponsored Links

I told you that you have a comprehension deficit, that is amply - demonstrated by the nonsense you've posted here.

By its very nature, a "short term symbolic gesture" isn't going to have any lasting effects , and therefore will do sod all to improve the lot of "children and grandchildren".

Mobs Ripping down statues is not going to have benefits for anyone.Practical,symbolic,any other wise..

appeal to extremes.

Well seeing as Elal, (or whatever his name is), has deleted his post, and therefore unable to explain why it is myself who has a problem, I will respond to this one.

It does not take the destruction of statues, memorials, etc to create less division and more understanding. It takes parents, teachers, sports coaches and others that have knowledge to impart to children, to also teach them to live in a world without hatred for others. Too many people blame others for what is wrong with the world when yet they themselves have not reared their children to have respect for others. Condoning these actions being carried out does not send a message of tolerance to anyone. I am proud to say that I, and every member of my family and extended family, have friends who are of different nationalities, religions, creeds,orientation etc all brought about because both families were raised with understanding and compassion for others, and no, we are not personally religious to any denomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back