When must a company declare VOC content in their products?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Was not really sure were to get this info from and thought I'd see if anyone here can help.

To cut a long story short, I recently used a product which was supposed to be VOC free but in the end turned out to have a VOC content.

The company have said that it did not need to state this on the product because it "has a less 10% VOC content". I would still like to have known that the product had some VOC content (no matter how little) and would have appreciated having the info available and known.

If anyone can help with info on the subject, or a link to the UK requirements for declaring VOC content (high and low), I would very much appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows of any forums where this post would be more appropriate, that would be great.

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
Trading standards should be able to tell you, it's a bit of a spiders web of legislation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back