When you fit a boiler in a full height unit..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does the unit have no back panel and the boiler fixes straight into the wall behind?

Daughter wants her boiler in a full height unit (230x60cm) in this corner. Would the heating engineer want to fit the boiler first then she can put the unit over the top or does the unit want to be in place first?

Thanks

Currently looks like this:
8B10DB4B-214E-4580-961E-F9C9AC4C9618.jpeg
Hopefully when done it will look more like this:
AC3A3003-906C-415A-A280-22F78BD34B09.png

Sponsored Links
I would fit the unit, to mark up where it goes, so the boiler will clear it, but make the unit easily removable for servicing and repairs. The boiler will usually go direct to the wall. My boiler is fitted inside a wall cupboard unit, which I made/adapted myself from a base unit. It has no back and simply fixes over the top of the boiler via brackets and a couple of screws, completely open at the top. I original designed it for our original, much bigger boiler, so my latest one has plenty of space around it inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back