Kitchen: fitting a full-height end panel to a base unit before full height unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting my kitchen - so far so good - thank you for the help so far.

My kitchen run looks a bit like this:

[Full Height Units] - [End Panel] - [Base Units] - [End Panel] - [Full Height Units]

I am working left to right and have already fitted my first full height units, first end panel and the base units. Keeping working left to right, would mean I need to fit my end panel next.

What is the normal way of doing this? Fitting the end panel to the base unit feels wrong. But fitting it to a standalone (and only 300mm thick) full-height unit also seems like a challenge.

My best idea so far is to position my new unit close to where it will be. Set-up a line laser to match the draw-line of my other full-height units and level the new unit up. Then with the unit levelled, get the end panel cut to size.

It was a bit of a fiddle getting the first end-panel perfectly fitted - so not looking forward to it. Any tricks would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I was because I couldn't fit to the high cabinet with the high cabinet in exactly the right place - as there was a base cabinet in the way. Having said that, I did sort of end up having a go... I positioned the high cabinet about 10cm away from the base cabinet. measured up satisfying myself the wall was uniform enough, cut the wood, dry fit, cut again, another dry fit - then screwed the tall unit, end panel and base unit together all at the same time. Thanks for the advice all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back