When you sit, you may ....

M

Mickymoody

Not had a disaster recently, but I feel the impedence of one...

Sat down at my standard office type chair, it's blue, it has arms, it's pretty comfy.

Sat on it today, reflecting the footy scores, leaned back, and there was a type of sonic boom, and the back gave way.

As I'm legs akimbo, hearing something ricocheting around the room, turns out that a bolt/fastening (I've yet to find/fix it) snapped in the backrest of the chair...

Nearly caused a heart attack!

The chair is intact, minus the bolt to hold the back on correctly, so at some stage, they will become detached, whereas I will do a 180 degree flip that the Olympic diver Daley would be proud of...unfortunately, into carpet. Unless I find the screw. Argh!

Sponsored Links

There seems to be some impedance to your impending thought processes, perhaps caused by some impediment to rational thought. ;)

Why say that? The back isn't bolted onto my chair, the chair is in use, it WILL at some stage fall off, and leave me on my arse.

Love the weightwatchers quote, I've actually lost weight recently, but see where you are coming from. :LOL:

A few years back, I did a tour of Europe, and sat next to the campfire at the Nurburgring racetrack, on those cheap pop up deckchairs, must have got too close to the fire, as the deckchair collapsed, nearly scissoring my finger off as it did so. Not so lucky with chairs.

Sponsored Links

There seems to be some impedance to your impending thought processes, perhaps caused by some impediment to rational thought. ;)

Why say that?

Because you don't know what the word impedance means?

Yes, I've used it for many years..but found it strange to use in a sentance? I've repaired electronics for many years, and know the term well...but ?? Well here is the definition.

Electricity . the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z

Did you know what it means? What is your definition of the word? It's great to slag people off using words they don't understand, when the receiver does know the word. Grow up.

Why say that?

Because you don't know what the word impedance means?

Yes, I've used it for many years..but found it strange to use in a sentance? I've repaired electronics for many years, and know the term well...but ?? Well here is the definition.

Electricity . the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z

Did you know what it means? What is your definition of the word? It's great to slag people off using words they don't understand, when the receiver does know the word. Grow up.

Now justify your usage of it in this sentence:

A simple typo, or spelling mistake. But you forced it as a incorrect word. Isn't excessive quoting banned here? People make excessive quotes to make end meet? To favour their points? It's a bloody forum, make a point, counter it, make your own post, get over it. If you can't make a point, see the counter, then get over it, then don't bother posting, if you don't like the answer. Look up forum on Wikipedia.

Responding to one of Micky's posts is a bit like unblocking a blocked sewer pipe from the downstream end:
You know there's an imminent rush of crap coming towards you, with no impedance to slow it down.
When you reply to one of Micky's posts, as soon as you press that 'submit' button, you know there's an impending torrent of verbal diarrhoea coming your way, but somehow you have an impediment to your willpower. You can't stop yourself.

I assume the word 'impedance' should actually have been 'impending', although it's not an ideal drop-in replacement without rearranging the rest of the sentence.

Or he could have meant 'imminence'.

I don't mind typos, sometimes I don't even notice 'em. I don't mind spelling mistakes, unless they're funny. I don't mind the wrong use or an incorrect word.
What really makes me laugh is when someone can't admit and laugh at their own mistake and they come back with some verbal diarrhea to try and justify their useage.

Then I just chuckle to myself and think "Can I be bothered to wade through all this crap in order to respond?"
Usually I decide "No!".

I don't mind typos, sometimes I don't even notice 'em. I don't mind spelling mistakes, unless they're funny. I don't mind the wrong use or an incorrect word.
What really makes me laugh is when someone can't admit and laugh at their own mistake and they come back with some verbal diarrhea to try and justify their useage.

Have you noticed how Micky will accuse people of not knowing how to spell for the slightest typo?

'Typo'? Typo is not a word. You don't know what it means. I looked it up before I used it. I do with every word I use. I do everything correctly.
Before you accuse anyone of not being able to spell you ought to check your own spwlling.
There's clearly a case to answer and I've clearly answered it. Any more arguments are just anti-arguments .
You've changed what I wrote and made it look like I didn't mean what I said. I did mean what I didn't write. I know how to express myself. I've got certificates to prove my sanity. I can make ends meet.
It's OK for the mods to come on here and change things to suit themselves, so grow up and get over it!
There's a law against excessive quoting. You don't know the laws.
It's a forum, anyone can say what they like.
Look at the counter before you make your point, if you have a point, that is.

;) ;) ;)

or words to that effect.

Can you tell, I'm bored?

What law?

Can you provide links to the law you are referring please?
I'd like to add it to my collection of legal informations, I think in the totalbs section would be best :D

What law?

Can you provide links to the law you are referring please?
I'd like to add it to my collection of legal informations, I think in the totalbs section would be best :D

I presume the trap that RH2 laid has been sprung. The law is excessive posting on this forum?

Obviously RH2 has never read the OED, or know what it is?

You've changed what I wrote and made it look like I didn't mean what I said. I did mean what I didn't write. I know how to express myself. I've got certificates to prove my sanity. I can make ends meet

You have certificates to prove you are sane? Does that mean they let you out for the day? People that are sane don't have those certificates. People that need them, probably are. Insane.

Sponsored Links
Back