Where can I buy a AAV screw / cap (automatic air vent)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Baxi main eco elite has a AAV at the top. But the small black plastic screw thing is missing

I thought I may be able to buy one without having to buy the full AAV. Do any of you guys know if I can just buy the screw?

Sponsored Links
the black screw does not really do anything apart from stop it weeping when it is passing...The whole thing is only about a tenner

They're usually the same as tyre pressure shreader valve caps, try one off your car and see if it fits.

Sponsored Links
wonder why they have them to start with .... hmmmm ..... Oh possibly to cover the valve opening and stopping any crud from getting in there and gumming up the valve.
....They serve no purpose...Stick some tape over if you that concerned

I think they are there to enable you to shut the AAV when it (inevitably) leaks.

....They serve no purpose...Stick some tape over if you that concerned

They're called dust caps for a reason, they stop dust getting into the workings of the valve. Doesn't take much dirt to stop the seal in the valve from closing properly. If they served no purpose then the manufacturer wouldn't fit them, it would just be a waste of profit, somehow I don't think they would do that.

Especially relevant too are the ones with the metal caps which have a fibre seal in them that are designed to be left finger tight, they still vent but swell and seal up if the valve leaks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back