Where can I get a good quality hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tired of buying the Hozelock antikink stuff from places like B&Q and having it end up kinked or puntured after a year or two.

A friend suggested using airline but I'm not sure where to get it or whether I would find suitable attachments for the diameter of that pipe.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a long lasting quality hose?

Sponsored Links
If you roll your hose up when finished, it will last years & years, well mine has.
Its like a tool look after it & it will serve you well :rolleyes:

I think that part of the problem is that I've always bought those plastic self-contained hose reel units with an integrated winder handle. Getting the hose neatly coiled up again afterwardscan be a pain and probably damages it. Maybe I should go for an open reel?

Sponsored Links
Try 'Screwfix' site, look for there yellow builders hose. Bought mine in 1999, used daily (even in winter), been run over countless times, even got trapped under a skip for a week once. Still looks like new now, no holes or cracks. Best hose I ever bought.

One of the best ways to knacker a hose is to put it on a reel. Not because of the reel itslef but because the hose twists by nature.

Try an easy solution. Take the hose out and ensure it has no twists in it before you use it.

When you come to roll it in stretch it out again, no twists. KEEP THE HOSE FULL OF WATER, that is leave it connected and on!

Roll it in and if a kink appears stretch it back out again. Then you can turn it off.

If, like me, you have incredibly long heavy hoses and it's a bit of job to haul in 50 metres of water filled hose then stretch it out and walk back to the reel with the end, that way you'll only haul in half the length, when it's at its heavy extent.

Always best to reel it up at night. My hose was perfectly good in the evening, punctured by morning. The foxes think it is a snake and bite it.

post locked to stop hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back