Where Can I Get Good Quality Decking Boards ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`m building a raised deck of around 6M X 5M .

Can anyone adivse me on where to buy good quality deck boards . I dont mind paying extra for something that will last .

Is the stuff from B+Q ect alright ? The pressure treated softwood seems to retail at around £2 per metre . Had a look at some yesterday . Looked O.K. but a bit knotty !Are there better quality alternatives ? What do you look for , and what makes it better quality ?

Is the hardwood stuff worth the extra expense (seems around 4 times dearer) - what are the pro`s and con`s of using this ?

Sponsored Links
Hi, hardwood will be expensive but really will last a lifetime. Try edecks.co.uk
they have some smashing deals and i think they have discount codes for 99p on ebay.

My mum bought from them the timber looked very nice to me. I think they did it in a kit form.

Hope this helps

N
;)

Hardwood or softwood is your choice, based upon the budget and how long you intend to be at the house where you're building the deck.

If you want 25 years, go for hardwood, but if you treat softwood correctly, end grain as well, there's no reason why it shouldn't last a long time.
People tend to build a deck, treat it once and then wonder why it's starting to rot a few years on.

As for supplier, try Travis Perkins, I've used their boards and found them to be fine.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I will never use edecks (Kennings Building Supplies) again.
They sent an incorrect order and when I said I was going to return the order, they just ignored all my emails and letters since. I am still trying to get my money back.

I got mine from selco (buliders merchant) good quality - not the cheapest stuff they had. Go to a selco and take a look at what they have. It is reversible depending on the pattern you want.

DSC_0142_2.JPG

DSCF2167.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back