Where do I get a double light switch from?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is a dumb question or not
I've searched everywhere and can't find a double light switch
I need one that is double the size of normal - 2 gang - I think that's what it's called??

All I can find is a double switch on a single gang
No good if you're trying to replace a double

I've tried amazon, ebay, diy.com, screwfix, google search - nothing!

Am I searching for the wrong name??
This HAS to be the explanation - double or dual length light switches can't have disappeared from the planet!

Thanks

OM

Sponsored Links
How many switches do you need on it? Four and six switches come on a two gang plate. If you only need two, uh, grid switches?

If you need two switches to control two lights you need a two gang switch. If you need two switches that may also control the lamps from another switch, then you need a two way, two gang switch.

They haven't disappeared. Its just your Google search terms are, how can I put it without being offensive? Aah. Crap! :D

Unless of course you have those fat bodied switches were one will fill a single plate.

Do you mean that you have a recessed box in the wall which is similar in size to a double socket? If so, does it have a dividing piece in the centre? Picture would help. Ignore terms such as gangs and ways as these are confusing your descriptions.

Sponsored Links
You need a 3 gang grid plate.

This measures about 85 x 145 mm. This has three spaces for three switches.

You can get two switch modules to fit the plate. And a blank module to fit the unused space.

Crabtree and MK are the most reliable for this. Electrical wholesaler is the best place to get these fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back