Where do I switch off water supply for electric shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I live on 3rd floor of a tenement block. I have immersion hot water system and electric shower.

I cant find where to switch water supply to shower off??? I have tried every tap I can find in house in shower still has water going through it?

Sponsored Links
Hi Mate... each apartment SHOULD have its own means of isolation.. in my experience they tend to be in the cylinder cupboard at either low level or high level coming from wall/ceiling.... your looking for a brass tap (ignore the red handled valves)

if this fails then try following the shower supply pipe until something turn ups - alternatively there will be a service cupboard either on your floor or at ground level where there will be labelled isolation valves - safe bet is to contact the building authority for access (or just open it with a chunky slotted screwdriver ;) )

There is a cupboard on ground floor but its locked with a key :( ill have a bash at using diferent keys i have.

Thanks for your replies, ill let you know how it goes

Sponsored Links
I ended up getting a plumber out and he cant find it either, said its more than likely in loft so now need to wait till monday to contact landlord for key to loft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back