Where I can get Gala cistern flush mechanism spares please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Gala Elia dual flush cistern and pan.
There is a small leak from the cistern into the pan and I think I need a new rubber seal.
In addition to that while checking the seal, my clumsy fingers managed to break the tiniest bit of plastic holding the top of the flush mechanism to the bit that is operated by the flush push buttons.
Have searched high and low but can't find where to get any spares for the Gala Elia range. I need to get a new seal obviously, but would prefer to get the whole flush mechanism if possible (temporary repair with superglue is keeping it going!) which would include the seal and broken hinge bit.

Any experts or professionals suggest anywhere that would stock these? - otherwise the whole cistern and pan will have to be replaced I think which seems a shame for a rubber seal and a tiny bit of plastic.
Would any other spares (non Gala) fit?
Thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
Thanks, had already had a look through Lunns and no Gala spares shown. Similarly, Pochins don't seem to stock them either.

Guess I'm looking at replacing the lot.

Would any other spares fit or are they all unique to the cistern shapes and sizes, likewise the seals?

Sponsored Links
Still looking.

Does anyone know if there would be some kind of universal flush mechanism that may fit, bearing in mind the seal at the bottom and the push buttons at the top?

Otherwise it's throw the lot away and spend a load of hard earned wedge on a new loo, all for a rubber seal and a quarter centimetre piece of plastic.

(This came on the same weekend that the oven dies and the kettle failed!)

what flush valve is fitted to the cistern?

just cause the toilet is called a Gala Elia dual flush cistern that won't be the type of flush valve.
have you a pic ?

Does the cistern lid just lift off or do you have to unscrew the push button before it lifts off?
If it just lifts off I think it could be a Pacific Lisbon flush valve, which is no longer available but you can get an alternative.
If you have to screw the push button out, it could be a Siamp Mono Flush valve.
suitea002c_c.jpg

Otherwise it's throw the lot away and spend a load of hard earned wedge on a new loo, all for a rubber seal and a quarter centimetre piece of plastic.
You don't need a new loo, for goodness sake.

Just buy a new flush valve, remove the cistern, fit the valve, and put the cistern back.

Does the cistern lid just lift off or do you have to unscrew the push button before it lifts off?
If it just lifts off I think it could be a Pacific Lisbon flush valve, which is no longer available but you can get an alternative.
If you have to screw the push button out, it could be a Siamp Mono Flush valve.
suitea002c_c.jpg
Yep that's the suite. However it is a dual flush, with two push buttons.
The two push flush buttons come out, and there is a plastic philips head type screw which screws into the top of the flush mechanism, and then the top lifts off.
As to changing the loo that's what I was asking - can i get a replacement flush mech?.
Re the two mentioned, which one do I need and any ideas where I can get hold of one? If its a Siamp Lunns have this one:Siamp 2" Dual Flush Valve CF2499
aka Skipper 45
Would that work?

Many thanks to all.

You don't need a new loo, for goodness sake.

Just buy a new flush valve, remove the cistern, fit the valve, and put the cistern back.

From what I can see, if I get a new flush mechanism, I can do that from inside the cistern, so no need to remove it (I think).

you can change just the top half of the flush valve providing you get the same one.
or just the seal if you get the seal.

have you a pic of the flush valve not the toilet.

Just sorted it thanks to all the help here:

Apparently I need a Roca70120 - Roca D1D Dual Flush Valve pre 2006 which will just fit into the bayonet fitted basket.
Gala are part of Roca.
Lunns can supply so getting it from there.

Need to replace the lot as both the seal and the top hinge need changing and that means a new unit.

Wouldn't have got sorted without assistance from all here so many thanks.

My initial mistake was to think that the spares would be branded as Gala.

Now, time to sort out the oven..........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back