Can't remove top of cistern

PN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post here so hope someone can help me out.

We've got a double flush toilet in our main bathroom that constantly runs making it very noisy. I suspect a seal or a valve needs replacing inside.

However try as I might, I can't see any way to remove the top over of the cistern to get inside it to have a look.

I've put some pictures of the toilet HERE: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/peternurse/Sub2/

The toilet is made by Gala and was already installed when we moved into the house.

I've tried turning the flush mechanism on the top but it doesn't budge and I've tried unscrewing the plastic washers at the bottom that didn't help either.

There doesn't appear to be anything sealing the top of the cistern to the body as it does move a little bit but is being held in position by the flush buttons.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Usually tou push one of the flush buttons down and pop the other one out with ascrewdriver , it will have a grove in it , then pop the other button out , then you will see a slot for a screwdriver undo it pop it out and lift off the lid

Sponsored Links
deleted - I didn't see the earlier replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back