Removing toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the flushing mechanism in a toilet and can't see any way to remove it in situ, so I guess I'll need to remove the cistern.

Any advice on how to do this, or how the cistern connects to the rest of the toilet?

Any help most appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
if you canny see how the cistern connects to the pan a canny see you fitting a new syphon without it leaking get a plumber oot.Ps get down on your knees and look at rear of pan wingnuts both sides remove ,switch off water (should be Vv underneath)undo coupling .there may or may not be an overflow fitted.Best to renew donought washer at same time. be carefull when retightening wingnuts .oops almost forgot the cistern will be screwed to the wall mind take em out , hope this helps am only presuming its a close couple you got fitted as well

It's a modern close-coupled toilet, can't be more than 3 years old :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies. I can see how the cistern body fixes, was wondering how the pipework runs internally. Where does the doughnut washer fit ... between the cistern and the pan?

Last question: how does the flush mechanism fix to the bottom of the cistern?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back