Removing push-button cistern cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get at the insides of a toilet cistern with a dual push-button type flush, but it seems to be fixed in some way, unlike most I've encountered in the past that just lift off.

Do the buttons on the top of the cistern somehow fix the cistern cover in place? How do I remove it? Any help much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
depending on brand . . .
Press one button in, then pull the other one out, undo screw below - bob's your uncle!

depending on brand . . .
Press one button in, then pull the other one out, undo screw below - bob's your uncle!

That would be the large button and take the smaller one out then :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help - you were right on the money :D

Push and hold down the large button, then pull up small button to remove it. Do the same for the large button, pulling it upwards to remove it.
Underneath there is a plastic screw, unscrew this, then remove the button housing, and finally the cistern cover.

Thanks for all your help - you were right on the money :D

Push and hold down the large button, then pull up small button to remove it. Do the same for the large button, pulling it upwards to remove it.
Underneath there is a plastic screw, unscrew this, then remove the button housing, and finally the cistern cover.

I know!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back