Where to buy 10mm insulation board?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to insulate the window reveal as well as the wall in my next room, as concerned that damp/mould might still form around there, and want to make the room as thermally efficient as possible. So was thinking of using 10mm insulation board, as i saw some on a building site once, but cannot find anything now.

Other than this, any suggestions on how to best tackle it? I'll be putting 50mm kingspan on the walls, so this will effectively make the reveal area colder. I could maybe just use lots of expanding foam to stick the plasterboard, making an insulation layer ... might be the best option, maybe with some spacers to make sure I don#t flatten it...

window.jpg

Sponsored Links
I found some tile backing insulation boards 6mm - maybe these will be good enough?

Cut with a saw? Hmmm, maybe ... but I will probably make a hell of a mess of it.

Sponsored Links
Should do the trick eh?

Not very insulating though.

You can cut down celetex insulation, maybe be worth it if you only need enough for 1 window and you have some offcuts.

OK, will steady my hand and cut up some offcuts - I usually end up with a fair few!

Could You could make a guide by nailing two parallel strips of wood to a plank or the like the thickness you need the insulation to be . drop the insulation between and cut using the strips to guide the saw?

Guess so. Will probably just cut it and hope, and be creative with the sticky foam if it gets a bit wobbly.

Was going to suggest Marmox, R value is much better than plasterboard and you can skim it (tricky doing that with Kingspan etc)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back