where to buy a worcester heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After help in here the fault has been narrowed down to the heat exchanger (8715 406 8140) in my worcester 28si II , where is the best place to buy one from ??
I was told worcester so a standard repair and fix charge of £180 , but worcester have not confirmed this , however after searching on Brit Gas web site , they do one for £156 , would be £144 if i was a Brit Gas customer , this seems quite a good deal to me as my cousin who is a corgi heating engineer said the price for the heat exchanger would be approx £160 from i think GRP whoever they are.

Your quote
Standard price in your area £156.00
Your total cost £156.00

What your quote includes:
Repairs for any part of your central heating system, for an up-front, fixed price
Parts, labour and call out costs included
Prompt response, especially in an emergency
No charge if we can’t repair the problem
All work and materials guaranteed for 12 months

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If its down to a dirty system bg won't do it without adding a powerflush as they can't guarantee something which will fail again. Only 1 fault is covered on the fixed price repair.

If BG will supply and fit a new main heat exchanger all for £156 then jump at the chance!

I do have to say it seems very cheap and there may be some small print which will negate this price.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back