Where to buy H05RN-F Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy H05RN-F Rubber 2 core cable (2 x 0.75mm) by the metre?

I only need 10m but I have only been able to find it on 100m reels and nobody has any stock which they can sell by the metre.

I'm getting desperate so any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer,

Its for some LED lighting - the lighting manufacturer only sells it by the reel. I've rang up all the local electrical stockists (Coventry area) without any joy - any suggestions on which sheds?

Thanks for the reply,

Damian

b & q

so if its for leds why not use arctic blue?

it is meant for outside use and b & q sell it by the m ( i think) and a 50m roll too which is not all that £ and you will have some left over when you want to add more leds

Sponsored Links
TQ is not the same!

I work for a cable company and we only buy in 100m drums, at best we might cut into 50s but only if you want both! Its unlikely that you will get just 10m.

Buy 50m and stick the other 40m on ebay?

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess HO5RR is pretty much the same as HO5RN (different synthetic rubber sheath or something?). B&Q do a 3 core (0.75) HO5RR-F which I would imagine would be suitable?

Thanks,

Damian

so why not get arctic blue as i first suggested, arctic blue is meant for outside use, and the current the leds use it will be fine

http://www.fscables.com/rubber-ho5.php

RRF = Rubber insulation, rubber sheath
RNF = Rubber insulation, PCP (Neoprene) sheath

so not a bad guess. RNF is more chemically resistant so dependent on where you are using it (we did ask! :LOL: ) they are semi interchangeable!

Where did you get the H05RN-F requirement from? Instruction manual?

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

The H05RN-F requirement is what the manufacturer uses for the tails that come with the LEDs, as well as what they sell for any extra cable required:

http://www.collingwoodlighting.co.u...rodCategoryID=31&productID=91&topLevelCatID=1

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem using a different cable but thought I would check. I will be installing the cable in a plastic conduit below some decking so the difference in sheath type should be no issue.

By the way, the uPVC conduit that is sold for electrical - if you need 45 deg bends do you just bend into shape (can't seem to find any 45 deg elbows for the stuff).

Thanks again,

Damian

Damian30 said:
By the way, the uPVC conduit that is sold for electrical - if you need 45 deg bends do you just bend into shape (can't seem to find any 45 deg elbows for the stuff).

Yeah, but you need a bending spring inside the conduit first. It needs to be a spring desingned for conduit. The ones for copper pipe are not the right size.

The conduit bends easier if it is warm.

you also have to "over bend it" and dont forget to tie a piece of string onto the spring before you put it in the conduit

Conduit? Grief! Forget the flex and use SWA!?!?!??!

And if Colligwoods sell the H07RN-F for extras, will they not sell you 10m?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back