Where to find a fire door with 1950mm height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm refurbing a property at the moment and need to replace some interior doors with 30 minutes fire doors.

The existing door heights are 1950mm. The closest door height I can buy seems to be 1980mm, however all the door installation instructions that I have found say that I can only trim a maximum of 5mm'ish off the bottom of the door and none off the top of door.

Anyone got any suggested solutions to this problem or know of somewhere I can get odd sized fire doors without having to pay an arm and a leg.

Many thanks,
John

Sponsored Links
You can trim down a fir door as much as the manufacturer permits.

If this does not achieve your desired door height you can get door blanks which are effectively around 2.4mx1.2mx44mm thick doors that can be trimmed down to any size however they are only available as flush doors in a limited range of finishes. Google 'fire door blanks'. You also need to stick a 6mm hardwood lipping on any cuts.

You will not get a panelled fire door in an odd size. Manufacturers only produce them in standard sizes as they can only certify what they have had tested and naturally the fire tests are ££££'s.

Sponsored Links
Mr Freddy Mecury, thank you very much for that, very helpful and much appreciated. Kind regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back