Where to find an obsolete BAXI part?

I can't think which seals the guy is on about here cause that is a balanced flue boiler which doesn't rely on case seals for combustion product integrity.

So you'd be ok leaving the combustion case off then.

Nobut there are no seals on the combustion chamber front cover for that boiler if it is a balanced flued one.

Are you completely insane? Maybe the ones you have serviced have all been missing a case seal? Are you talking about the outer decorative casing? Couple of screws and 4 hook brackets?

Not completely no, not yet anyway but thanks for asking :LOL:

Checked partsarena and there is a seal there so stand corrected.

You make me scratch my head, if it is balanced flue why is not a case seal important?

Sponsored Links
Convection guv :LOL:

Where are the products going to go?

How do you check a balanced flued boiler for spillage?

Why check a balanced flue case seal for spillage if there is nothing to suspect wrong? For the record the procedure is

If a case seal on ANY room sealed "balanced flue"appliance is found defective it is ID. Products, if any, may enter the premise through the seal. I give up.

Why check a balanced flue case seal for spillage if there is nothing to suspect wrong? For the record
If a case seal on ANY room sealed "balanced flue"appliance is found defective it is ID. Products, if any, may enter the premise through the seal. I give up.

Think your thinking of positive fan flued boilers there mate.

To check for spillage on a balanced flued boiler you also have to do a visual check on the flue which is obviously very difficult given most of it is inside a wall.

There is a spillage test but then you would have to remove the boiler/flue from the wall to do it cuase you won;t be able to see the smoke otherwise.

I give up :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think that I know the seal... It is in the top of the combustion case where a couple of wires and the thermostat capillary come out.. A local company who shall remain nameless but they do a lot of Gas work and are British had serviced it for the last five years and had sealed the hole with self adhesive aluminium tape but on the last service the guy had decided to condemn the boiler, unfortunately I couldn't find a new seal/ grommit and despite the boiler being in pretty good nick, had to agree with the BG engineer

I think that I know the seal... It is in the top of the combustion case where a couple of wires and the thermostat capillary come out.. A local company who shall remain nameless but they do a lot of Gas work and are British had serviced it for the last five years and had sealed the hole with self adhesive aluminium tape but on the last service the guy had decided to condemn the boiler, unfortunately I couldn't find a new seal/ grommit and despite the boiler being in pretty good nick, had to agree with the BG engineer

hmm whilst i agree with you about the seal needing to be in place for safe operation baxi clearly didnt. some of them have a most quaint metal flap that goes across the hole and seals exactly bugger all. the rubber grommet in others is made of the worst material for resisting heat and will have generally fallen out the next time you come back. its the same material used for the holes where the pipes go through to the heatex, bet they arent in place either.

i waste a lot of my time sending people back to jobs where they have convienently ignored or bodged a seal.

Oh no now you've given some doubt as to whether i should cancel or not.... :?: :?: :?: :confused:

A balanced flue appliance is room sealed and therefore will have seals. It is not possible to do a spillage test on a room sealed appliance. It scares the bejeebers out of me that someone who is posting here is actually a registered fitter!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back