Where to take Scrap copper in Liverpool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just removed all the old copper piping and a copper hot water cylinder from my house prior to getting a new combi boiler and c/h system installed.

Can anyone recommend a scrap dealer in Liverpool to take the old stuff to? I know I could look in the yellow pages, but if anyone could recommend where locally best to get a fair price I’d be grateful.

I’ve got about 10kgs of used/dirty piping and a nice clean cylinder. Any rough ideas of what I should be expecting to get for this? Given the price of copper is increasing rapidly at the moment, I just wonder what people have been getting lately??

Also is it necessary for me to remove the old compression fittings, clean paint from pipes, etc before taking it to the scrap yard? Or can I leave it as it is and just expect a lower price?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
£50 there. :D

Just take it to a scrap dealer, you don't really need a recommendation! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back