Wheres it gone and how do i find it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i used to connect my camera to my laptop i would get a pop up box which asked me to select a programme to open the photos with, I used to pick the windows one as it automatically sent everything to the pictures file and it gave me the option to delete photo's from the camera, for some reason this has gone so everytime i connect up i have to go through the cameras pre-installed programme which makes transferring pictures form one file to another a nightmare plus i have to manually delete each pic from my camera one by one.
How do i find this windows option again ?

Sponsored Links
Your info is a little lacking, but I think I get you.
Usually when you plug the camera in, I suspect you will get another drive appear in my computer. So open my computer, plug the camera in and watch for a new drive, quite possibly called "removable drive" and a letter. RIGHT click this new drive, go to properties, then click the autoplay tab, put spot back into where it says "prompt me each time blah blah" click ok, unplug camera, plug back in and see if that does the trick.

i have a fuji camera, sometimess the window opens sometimes it doesnt, even though it is set to always open. such is life

Sponsored Links
eggplant, Thanks for the input, you were correct in deciphering my logic, i have found the file type thing i was looking for and followed your instructions, i have managed to delete 180 photos from my device in one go rather than one by one so thats worked, only thing is the file does not reappear once i have saved settings and plugged camera back i again.
Still, i now know the route to go.

Back