spyware pop ups !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a pop up program has got on my computer and i dont know how to stop it ?

every 10 mis or so , and this is on or off line ?
i get a warning that spyware has been found on my computer and i should use anti spy ware to find and clear it.
they offer a free scan, but this involves downloading some programme which i do not want to do .

it then pops up and www.antispywarebox.com comes up.
they have a windows and microsoft logo on their web page , but i dont think this thing is trying to help me but get me to buy its service or worse get even more into my computer.

i want ti gone ??? ahhh but how?

i go to internet options and try to delete cookies , delete files , delete history etc, but there options are not clicking ?

anyone can help ? its driving me mad.

ioan

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming you're on windows xp here. Have you tried a system restore to a point before you had the trouble?

There have been some similar reports...

Read everything in the threads below... Be sure of your ground before following the remedy posted... Be careful and start googling for info.
My first 'hit' ....
http://forums.whatpc.co.uk/thread.jsp?forum=11&thread=86524

Leading to a recognised, helpful anti malware forum. ( Lavasoft gave us the excellent Ad-Aware anti spyware prog. )
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=933&st=0

Scroll down the 2nd page to the 'CalamityJane' Jun 10 2006, 10:14 PM post. re. SmitfraudFix
It may be your answer ... Take care !

;)

I had this. very stubborn thing. had to reformat the hard drive. it was overdue anyway.

Sponsored Links
That could be the time when the likes of Norton Ghost BACKUP come into play
This Ghost backup of a 20 GB C hdd, takes 23 mins on my old 98se box.
Ghosted-1.jpg

Takes up 10.2 GB on 2nd 80GB Hdd.
This could be streamlined by partitioning the 20 GB into perhaps a 12GB C and 8GB D... I would expect that 'system' C: partition at 12 GB to take 14 mins to fully Ghost Backup.. even quicker on modern m/c.

The Ghost prog includes an 'explorer' used from Windows thus allowing copying, deleting, renaming etc of actual files residing in the backup set - virtually the same as WinExplorer - besides the ability of entire disk restoration!!
Will restore a m/c having no resident operating system ... :cool: ;)
:D

Back