Where's the fuel filter? .. 2007 Ford KA 1.3i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I simply can't find it.

I went to the MANN website and because there's a filter listed for the car, I got one.

I've looked above and below the engine and at the back around the fuel tank.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The early cars had it around the back of the fuel tank, near side ......very awkward to release from it's clip, if I recall and the car had to be jacked up to see it. Sorry I can't comment on the 07 models though!
John :)

Many thanks John.

Have finished and cleaned up for the day so will resume tomorrow.

Going to get a set of plugs. With those and the filter fitted, the service is complete, ready for collection.

First car I've come across that doesn't have a temp. gauge for the engine.

Many cars don't have a temp gauge now, just an overheat lamp which I'm not to keen about!
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ka doesn't have a fuel filter - many manufacturers rely the one in the tank, and that includes diesels too.

Sponsored Links
It's the DOHC Zetec engine, as fitted to the Focus......water drains into the plug wells and they rust in :eek:
Absolute bloody nightmare - I've had two where the plugs (tapered seat) snapped off.
Try explaining that to the punter!

If the plugs are prone to rusting in, how about I smear a bit Ceretec grease on the plugs before fitting?

I presume being a brake grease, Ceretec won't be effected by the engine temp and it will repel the water.

It sure won't do any harm, but this motor isn't prone to the plug rusting syndrome, thankfully!
Bash right on.

Well, according to Google the plugs rust in on Ka Duratec engines. Good luck.

Fuel filter found!

Well camouflaged with rust and tucked up against the tank.

Only hassle really is the pipe crimps which are very strange indeed. You have to nip the lugs on plastic ring at the end of the pipe. The pipes seem to rely on glands inside to nip on to the filter spouts.

The filter is held by a metal band so I just snipped that off and nytied the new one.

Job done - checked for leaks - all seems well.

A safety precaution apparently is to take the 25A fuse (fuel pump) out of the top row, 4th from right. Fuse panel is by the driver's door.

New plugs in.

The old ones had no sign of rust so didn't smear any grease on the new ones. The old plugs came out quite easily.

A tip - use a wobble extension on the plug socket to get plug 4 out/in. The coil bracket has to be negotiated.

Thanks for the postings Gents!!

Those fuel pipe clips can be an absolute swine of they are hard to get to - I have a small pair of snipe nose pliers with the tips bent in that helps a bit. The good thing is, that if the lugs are completely pressed in, they part company fine - but heave them off at your peril as there is a gland seal that escapes :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back