Which adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just about to tile my bathroom with 200x330mm tiles. My walls are a mixture of Aquapanel, plasterboard and plastered block.

Would appreciate advice on which adhesive to use as some of it is around a bath and shower. I usually do a good job but I am usually slow so a ready mixed one will be ideal, but I'm concerned with the tile size I have. Also which size spacers would be best?

I'm also wondering the best way of securing the bath to the timber frame that I made as it came with no fixing brackets.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
personally mate i would advise AGAINST a ready mixed adhesive considering the size of your tiles, you are better off going for one of the major brands such as BAL C2TE single part flexible

http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/products/single-part-flexible,

is your bath out of the room or are you tiling around it ?

going by the size of tile you say, i would recommend a 2mm grout gap, remember you want a flexible grout

Your bath frame you have made, i am assuming it is the frame which runs the length of the bath, if so that frame is connected to the floor and the wall/ walls at the end of the bath, the side of the bath that runs along the wall is normally fixed with 2 mounting brackets

Thanks for that.

The bath will be going in soon, but it doesn't come with brackets or anywhere to really fit them, it just has a few very softwood blocks along the edges.

Thanks for that.

The bath will be going in soon, but it doesn't come with brackets or anywhere to really fit them, it just has a few very softwood blocks along the edges.

if you are sure there are no brackets of any kind, are the old ones still in the wall ?
if not, just go to a hardware shop and buy 2 x 90 degree bent angle brackets, one side attaches to the wall, the other attaches to the framework of the bath
Normally you get a set of legs with the bath that actually screw to the bath, then the legs can be screwed to the floor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back