Which aggregate to add to self levelling compound?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have currently managed to get an offer which works out around £13 per unit if i take a pallet of this :

I roughly need around a pallet anyways so this works out great.

The only problem is that on the bag/sack it says 2-15mm depth, but i need something that can go upto around 20mm depth. I know it is only 5mm difference but i would rather stick to the manufacturers adherence of what they suggest.

But then on a seperate image which is still on the same product listing it shows something saying:

30mm - consumption per 10m (squared) area = 19.2 bags + 8.1 x 10kg Units aggregate.

Does this mean that i can use this product at upto a 30mm depth as long as i add the right amount and specification of aggregate to it?

and by aggregate i am assuming that it is roughly a 1:1 ratio of clean sharp silica sand? just trying to figure out if it is any different from the water-mix SLC to this Latex Bag-and-bottle SLC, in regards to adding the aggregate. Any advice at all is much appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored Links
We use limestone 6mm aggregate.
id use a latex bag and bottle though as it’s moisture tolerant

Ahhhhh yes we will be using the bag & bottle latex stuff.

In regards to the limestone aggregate, because it's for internal use will it leave lumps/bumps? Because I need to lay LVT flooring over the finished Screed/SLC

Or is it a case that I would put down a bed of the aggregate first and then pour the SLC over that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back