Which bi-fold doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having a 3.6M wide bi-fold door in our rear extension but there are so many suppliers so which are the best? Also aluminium or uPVC.

Sponsored Links
I went with the SMARTS Visofold 1000 bifolds with the DV176 threshold. They are nice but the traffic door has dropped maybe a mm and it seems the only way to adjust it is to move it up on the hinges on the frame... which apparently it is designed to do.. There is no adjustment on the hinges. I will get round to it eventually. I have heard horror stories of UPVC bifolds!
I would buy another set of these...

Did you buy from GFD Homes? I see they also do Korniche which I've seen a YouTube review video by the SkilBuilder which look impressive.

Any one bought Korniche?

Did you buy from GFD Homes? I see they also do Korniche which I've seen a YouTube review video by the SkilBuilder which look impressive.

Any one bought Korniche?
No - I wimped out of doing them DIY and got a company to fit them (cost an extra £1k). I was going to get them from roofing outlet. Seems they only do korniche now?

Sponsored Links
Ali all the way for bifold, pvc is just too ' chunky '
Loads of good makes out there , Aluk, raynears, smart to name three of the top of my head lol. Seen plenty fitted badly by builders and diy enthusiast though so unless you are confident then get someone who is uses to fitting them

Problem with uPVC bifolds is the horrible coefficient of thermal expansion of uPVC - typically 0.07mm/m/degreeC so, 3m over 30 degree variation = 30 x 3 x 0.07 = 6.3mm . Ali is about 1/3 of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back