Which boiler, 837 or 37CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Do I go for a Worcester 37CDI or a Vaillant 837, any comments appreciated, Thanks,David.

Sponsored Links
What are your needs? I assume you mean the Vaillant ecotec plus 837. There are many subtle differences between the two, but chances are you'll never notice any of them. The Vaillant has a stainless steel heat exchanger, the WB a silicon-aluminium one. The Vaillant has a smaller modulation range, actually higher at it's lowest modulation and lower at it's highest. So maximum heating output is about 10% less, although it is still likely to be way over-sized. The lowest modulation level is about 10% higher than the WB so it will cycle more frequently when heating. Hot water supply is more or less equivalent on both. People have different views on the difficulty of installation and maintenance, and on reliability. You might do well to install whichever your preferred installer likes. Or see if your installer is accredited for a particular boiler range and so can get you a better guarantee.

Or look into which type of controls you wish to fit and whether these are compatible with each boiler. Controls are now becoming a bit of a minefield although most people still end up with a thermostat and an on-off timer.

Worcester spares are ridiculously expensive, and they only come with 12 months warranty, which is a pi$$ take compared to other makes, so I would try the Vailliant.

Sponsored Links
Worcester spares are ridiculously expensive, and they only come with 12 months warranty, which is a pi$$ take compared to other makes, so I would try the Vailliant.

Worcester spares are expensive, warranty is 24 months and not 12 as stated 5 years warranty on plate heat exchanger and 10 years warranty on main heat exchanger.

Worcester is the better boiler imho get it fitted by an accreddited installer and warranty will be 3 or 5 years parts and labour free of charge.

3 if your installer fits less than 50 a year or 5 if they fit over 50.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back