Which boiler is best?

Sponsored Links
I'm just looking for professional opinions!

"professionals" ( on this forum ) seem to recommend boilers that are advertised to the public.

There are many other makes that are not advertised to the public. Many of the brands that are not advertised to the public are just as good as the well known brands.

Some brands sell by reputation, others rely on advertising directed to the public.

Sponsored Links
Go with what your chosen installer recommends as he will (hopefully) be looking after it and you for a number of years.

Take the opinion of the guys who've estimated for the job.

Sensible advice indeed. The issue being one wants Baxi and the other wants Vailliant! I guess what I'm really looking for is if there is a particular reason not to go for either of the 2.

Sensible advice indeed. The issue being one wants Baxi and the other wants Vailliant! I guess what I'm really looking for is if there is a particular reason not to go for either of the 2.

What we're saying is that you are really choosing an installer not a boiler! (y)

What we're saying is that you are really choosing an installer not a boiler! (y)
In that case.... The Vailliant guy communicates better and seemed more knowledgeable. He's also a general plumber (other guy just does boilers) and having recently moved house it would be good to get a decent plumber!

There you go. The start of a beautiful relationship (y). And I think Vaillants are good boilers - I just have a bit of an issue with their market share as they spend big bucks on marketing. But they're easy to service and repair and parts are readily available and many engineers available familiar with them.

Just make sure your CH system is nice and clean - all the best.

Dean

The vailant I had installed the plumber could not big it up enough. He said to me he would fit any boiler I wanted but recommended that for efficiency, low faults, easy to work with. Coming from someone who is not accredited to a certain make and has no other reason to fit something good other than it will last and stop me calling him I thought that was a good choice.

Another deciding factor for me was noise the boiler is in my kitchen below bedroom and the potterton would wake me up in the winter when it came on. The vailant is whisper quiet.

"professionals" ( on this forum ) seem to recommend boilers that are advertised to the public.

There are many other makes that are not advertised to the public. Many of the brands that are not advertised to the public are just as good as the well known brands.

Some brands sell by reputation, others rely on advertising directed to the public.

GMS! :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back