Which boiler is best ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So im due a new boiler as my current boiler glowworm 24cxi decides when to work keeps coming up with different faults looking to upgrade to either BAXI or WORCESTER its for a 3 bedroom semi detached house with 9 radiators

Sponsored Links
So im due a new boiler as my current boiler glowworm 24cxi decides when to work keeps coming up with different faults looking to upgrade to either BAXI or WORCESTER its for a 3 bedroom semi detached house with 9 radiators
neither.either.baxi.bosch.vitodens.vaillant.....plus many more...All replies in one message

Well im asking which out of the 2 is the better quality and good for the money

I always fit baxi.They are not complicated to work on and quite reliable.I find Wb over engineered crap and harder to work on..Others will tell you quite different.Like buying anything.Do some research.Depends on your budget..Each engineer has a favourite brand.Personally I do not rate glow worm highly either

Sponsored Links
Best thing about WB is their marketing structure, Baxi/potterton are decent and easy to work on but if your looking for a cut above the rest look into an Intergas.

As above, go for Intergas - 10 year warranty on the ECO RF and built to last with all metal internals and only 4 moving parts. Out of Worcester and Baxi I'd say Baxi, but the Intergas beats both of them

It’s the aftercare if the boiler fails, I can only go off feedback and experience baxi/Ideal usually 48hrs, Vaillant/glowworm 48/72hrs Worcester 24hrs not sure on intergas as for ferroli hmmm.
What ever boiler you have will need a call out from manufacture and certain manufacturers engineers don’t help themselves, but Worcester will change anything on the boiler without question comparing to others that will have call out charges/ etc.
As I say it’s only feedback and experience I’ve had so no one bites my head off

It’s the aftercare if the boiler fails, I can only go off feedback and experience baxi/Ideal usually 48hrs, Vaillant/glowworm 48/72hrs Worcester 24hrs not sure on intergas as for ferroli hmmm.
What ever boiler you have will need a call out from manufacture and certain manufacturers engineers don’t help themselves, but Worcester will change anything on the boiler without question comparing to others that will have call out charges/ etc.
As I say it’s only feedback and experience I’ve had so no one bites my head off

Worcester 24 hours my foot, took them 2.5 days to attend to a 3 month old boiler with a dead PCB when I called them last year. Had Intergas out once last year as well, turned up in 3 hours

Hey I’m only going on feedback/experience in my area. Just giving my opinion, not slating any manufacturers at all. I’m sure intergas are very good and that’s what we as engineers expect

but Worcester will change anything on the boiler without question

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/which-boiler-is-best.498270/#ixzz57yTcI4iY

Boolliacks.

New boiler fitted 6 weeks later thermistor blew out. Factory fitted Worcester are trying to wriggle out of it. Fellow rgi being screwed over.

All manufacturers will try and wriggle if they can.

As for the OP. Please and thank you not compulsory words , but they make us unpaid helpers all fuzzy and warm inside.. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back