Which cable needed to view Iplayer etc. to my old Panasonic TQFE298 TV

Sponsored Links
TQFE298 isn't a Panasonic model number. I think it's the code for the manual that spans a range of TVS in different sizes that come from the TH-PX75/80 range.

Anyway, as it stands no-one can answer your question because you forgot to say what the source device is and give its model number.

Back to you then :)

Thanks Lucid

The TV is model TX-37LZD80. The source is a 4 year old HP Pavilion g6 running on Windows7

Your laptop has a HDMI port. However, it might only be set up to give picture rather than picture and sound. [You should check this either via some online resource or via a PC forum]. If it's picture & sound then just connect the HDMI cable. If the G6 only does picture via HDMI then you'll need an audio cable too. In this case it is a 3.5mm stereo jack plug on one wnd going to stereo phonos (red, white) on the other. The jack plugs in to the laptop headphone socket. The other ends to the TV Audio In next to the Component In sockets. Always use HDMI 1 for your connection in this way. It will allow sound from either the HDMI or from the Audio In sockets. HDMI 2 does not do this.

Once you have made your connections then the next thing to do is to instruct the laptop to instigate a screen switch. This means that the laptop screen goes blank and the picture appears via HDMI on to the TV. You will need to select the appropriate HDMI socket on the TV of course. The reason for doing the screen switch is two-fold. First, it reduces the processing load on the laptop. Second, many laptops can only output at one resolution at a time. The laptop screen is 1366x768 pixels resolution. The TV is 1920x1080. If driving both together then the laptop will output at 1366x768 to the TV as well. The results won't look as good as 1920x1080 direct to the TV.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks,

I'll try and find out about the sound issue. Also, I'm checking out screen switch. I'm not very tech savvy so might be back soon.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back